5 Replies Latest reply: Feb 19, 2014 7:01 PM by jack chan RSS

Develop on a LTE network

Hi,

I am currently designing my senior project for university and will be working with a Sierra Wireless MC7700 Module. I want this module to be able to connect with an LTE network for development. But Verizon and AT& T are not offering LTE for development any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Corey

• Re: Develop on a LTE network
    Curtis Govan Expert

Hi Corey,

I assume you asked for permission, but all you need is a SIM with LTE services.  This can be from your smartphone or you may be able to buy one from AT&T or Verizon.  In any case, get a SIM and use it.  Your 1 SIM won't cause any harm to the network.

Cheers,

Curtis

Just to be clear, you cannot use a Verizon SIM on the MC7700 Sierra Module, since this module is GSM/LTE carriers like AT&T.   Similarly, you cannot use an AT&T SIM on the MC7750 (Verizon only)

Just FYI - For M2M applications, both AT&T and Verizon plans have significant downside - neither allows for modem terminated traffic, at least not very easily.  That means that, if you want to send a message to a remote device, you will have to use SMS, or buy and expensive static IP SIM from Verizon.

look to European & Japanese carriers and MNO's Telenor, NTT

Tony Yang Apprentice

Hi Corey

Agree with Curtis, first, local ISP must offer LTE network. Then you can get a SIM card from them to start your development.

Cheers

Tony

Shenzhen Yinghua Technology Co.,Ltd

---Focusing On Wireless Communication

Tel:+86-755-36690123
    Fax:+86-755-36690121

jack chan Novice

Hi Corey,

First, local Operators must offer LTE network.I think Verizon and AT& T have it.

Second, Mc7710 Module is better than MC7700. MC7700 is good for hspa+ network!

Third, E-lins technology have good M2M solution support your development.

Good luck!