8 Replies Latest reply: Jun 24, 2013 1:45 AM by nilesh thakare RSS

SIM Detect Problem Telit GE865

Hello,

we have a Problem with the SIM Detection by the Telit GE865.

We have a Sim Holder with no Card Detect Pin, the Pin on The Module is on Ground (see App Note).

We Simulate the SIM Insertion with AT Comands on The Module.

The SIM VCC Rise up to 3V and fall after 1 Second to Ground.

The Module say "No Card Insert".

What can we do?

• Re: SIM Detect Problem Telit GE865

Hello Thomas,

When you connect SIMIN (B7) to ground, the module believes SIM card is in, even if it is not.

The module begins the communication with SIM and in case the one is not physically present, it will stop the communication and provide the error message.

Could you please elaborate on the next sentence: "We Simulate the SIM Insertion with AT Comands on The Module". You should actually insert the SIM card, not just to simulate it.

Please let me know if you need any further clarifications.

Regards,

Vitaly

Harald Naumann Expert

Hi Thomas,

my recommendation is to use a SIM card holder with Card Detect Pin. Without you will run in trouble to pass  several operator approvals. If it app is a student project or hobbyist project, then it is ok. If not then the risk is high. 

Regards from Germany

Harald

nilesh thakare Newbie

Hello,

we have a Problem with the SIM Detection by the Telit GL865.

We have a Sim Holder with no Card Detect Pin, the Pin on The Module is not Ground..

When i insert the airtel sim card modem never register this sim in the network but when i use bsnl sim card it register in the network and gprs also working in proper way. When i insert the airtel sim card and remove the antenna of the modem sim going to register in the network. what can we do?