5 Replies Latest reply: Nov 29, 2011 8:45 PM by Roberto Carballa RSS

Voice gateway to make wake up calls?

Hi,

I am developing a system where I need to make wake up calls to remote wireless devices. A wake up call can come at any time and some might be at the same time to many different devices. I am looking for a gateway or python module or anything that can allow me to make these calls from my server. Does anyone have a suggestion?

I am developing using python in a linux enviroment and the server is also running linux.

I have tried with Skype, but that only allows to me to only make either calls to other skype users or to one number at a time and not several.

I have also tried voicent.com but it only works with windows machines.

I wanted to use Googlevoice but that is only available in the US for now and I am located in Europe.

How do you make your wakeup calls?

And does anyone have any suggestions on how to solve this?

Thanks a bunch,

AJ

• Re: Voice gateway to make wake up calls?
    Apprentice

Hi AJ,

rather than use voice to wake-up, have you considered using an SMS wakeup message?

That said, Skype does give you the ability to make multiple simultaneous calls when in conference mode.

BR

Sandy

Hi Sandy,

Thanks for the answer.

I have thought of using sms, but the system is kind of time critical meaning that I need to get contact with the device quite quickly and I am a bit affraid of the delay using sms. But as long as the sms arrive at the device within about 30-45 sec then it should be ok.

Anybody got any experience with how the delays are with sms? And how often are there delays?

I might look into Skype again.

Thanks,

Asger

Apprentice

Hi AJ,

so long as the device is attached to the GSM network the SMS will go through in seconds. If the device is not attached, voice will not work either. An SMS wakeup is by far the most common method in m2m.

BR

Sandy

• Re: Voice gateway to make wake up calls? - long codes for SMS with optional voice enablement at no extra cost

AJ,

We can provide long codes for your application for SMS with optional voice capabilities. The cost per message and per longcode

is significantly lower and the myriad of advantages vs. sms short codes include the long code for sms to also be voice enabled which

a myriad of advantages vs. short codes including optional voice enablement for incoming and or outgoing voice calls.

We operate the largest long code gateway in North America and have an estimated 70%-80% market share in the North America

long codes space.

As an early adopter of Long Codes in North America (before Google) TSG has obtained a majority market share in the North American long
    codes vertical & has developed a customer provisioning, management & reporting interface accessible  via a WEB GUI & myriad of API’s
    that is arguably 2nd to none. We currently support approximately 300 service providers, operators, mobile applications providers & SMS
    aggregators throughout North America and Internationally.
    We would love the opportunity to set up an educational / discovery call with yourself and/or the appropriate persons to discuss how the mobile interactions landscape in North America is rapidly changing and to discuss why businesses are choosing to replace or augment short codes
    for mobile interactions with Long Code technology. Including how long codes provide businesses the ability to better serve the mobile consumer centric market via the multitude of advantages vs. short codes including HLP (Hyper- Local Presence) with FlexTalk® SMS and the Long Code.
    In certain cases  throughout the USA & Canada we can also SMS enable a business or entire carriers existing numbers without any involvement with their voice ecosystem, TSG is the only company in the USA I am aware of with this capability.

The average delivery time to any domestic or international handset averages 4 seconds.

I have included several attachments to provide you with additional information regarding TSG's FlexTalk long code service.

Please contact me for additional information & to set up an educational call to discuss in further detail.

Sincerely,

Tom Sullivan

941-227-4154

www.tsgglobal.com

Hi AJ,

We can provide you what you need on a worldwide basis. Please give me more details on what you need, simultaneous calls, calls per month, etc and will be glad to provide more info on how we can implement it.

Thanks,

Roberto