4 Replies Latest reply: Aug 10, 2011 5:06 AM by Sandy RSS

SMS Based M2M user interface

We have developed a new line of complete and easy to use SMS based devices for remote control and monitoring.  They currently work great from a cell phone.  However we have struggled with finding a clean off-the-shelf User Interface that can allow customers to access our devices using a PC or server.

One would think that in this industry a firm that specializes in simple UI software would have emerged but we have yet to find one.  Can anyone guide me to such a person or firm.

• Re: SMS Based M2M user interface

Hi Myron,

Please let us know some more details about the devices that you would like to be included in the PC based UI.

Please share any requirements specifications document

Regards,

Samir

Apprentice

Hi Myron,

What communication protocol does your device use? 

You can use a PC with KingView which has over 3500 drivers which allow you to interface with all different types of instruments, PLC's and devices.  It supports open protocols like Modbus.  You could also use cellular routers to get the data back to software on a PC.  We provide M2M RTU firmware for our G-4500 controllers which could easily bring your devices back to a computer running software like in the image below.

G-4500-3GWA: $1,299.00  Tri-band 3G WCDMA M2M C Language Programmable Automation Controller with 3 DI, 3 DO, and 8 AI. Demo Programs Provided.

KingView : Starting at $399   High Performance  PC Software for Building Data Information Service Platforms can help you monitor your Controllers , PLC'sand Data Acquisition hardware.  Remote monitoring over a web client allows you to monitor your systems at any time and from any place.

IR711GS55 : $559  RS-232/485/Ethernet to Wireless GPRS VPN Industrial Grade Cellular Routers for M2M applications.  Provides secure, efficient, reliable communication links based on the HSUPA / GPRS network.  Supports an operating temperature range of -25C to 70C.

IR711GS55

Best Regards,

Maria Lemone

ICP DAS USA, Inc.

www.icpdas-usa.com

Hi Myron,

I can write customised windows software for you.

Please could you send me a detalied specification of what it is you require the software to do.

Once I have seen your specification I can let you know, if I can help you.

Jack Taylor

Apprentice

Hi Myron,

there are many SCADA software vendors which will run on a variety of platforms including windows. They provide very powerful praphical display development tools along with many other features - alarming etc. All you will need a is a driver or drivers to get the data form your devices into the SCADA system. A google search for SCADA or a visit to a SCADA and/or supervisory process control exhibition should give you everything you need to start to make a vendor choice.

Regards

Sandy