3 Replies Latest reply: Apr 15, 2014 11:21 PM by jack chan RSS

Use of wireless card with router

Hi,

I am considering an integration of Mikrotik router plus

a 3g card for use with an up camera. Would I need to

have this certified for use on carrier networks?

I would like to sell the cameras with an integrated 3g card,

and I would like to make it simple for the end-user to

have the 3g card activated for use.

Having said this, I hope this solution would not cost

40,000 dollars to obtain certification.

Any input would be appreciated .

Thanks,

Mike

• Re: Use of wireless card with router
    Novice

The certification of the device depends on the country you launch in. If you were luanching devices in the US & Canada, you would need to go through PTCRB certification for the complete device. In addition, the carrier you launch with would require carrier-specific certifcaiton for the devices launched on their network. FCC Certification is also required in the US and Indusctry Canada (IC) certification is required in Canada.

Some of the other members in this forum could provide more detail around what certifications may be required. There are quite a few entities that will assist with certificaiton of devices in your markets of interest.

Is the Wireless card embeded in the whole structure of the camera?    

Hi,

Thanks for the input. I have also found that the PTCRB certification is for GSM networks. My initial foray into M2M would be CDMA based, and I would be looking to using the Sprint network (and their labs) to gain certification. Sprint doesn't charge for this service, so I think this would be an excellent way for me to gain entry into the market without spending thousands of dollars initially. Also, the modules and boards I plan to use have FCC certification, so I am assuming the unit will inherit FCC approval right off the bat.

The board would be installed within the camera enclosure.

Mike

jack chan Novice

Yes, We can do it, E-lins technology.